Cranberries are little red tart berry fruits that are not only delicious but also good for health. They have a long history of their use for treatment of many diseases and their use for precautions. These berries are loaded with salicylic acid, antioxidants and vitamin C. They offer only 45 calories per cup of juice and hence are well within dietary recommendations. Here we are listing some.
1. Helps Your Heart – Studies show that drinking unsweetened cranberry juice increases LDL about 10%. It also lowers the risk of other heart diseases. Flavonoids present in cranberry juice prevent Atherosclerosis; which is narrowing of arteries due to deposition of fat. So feel free to order a Cosmo next time you want to drink something. You will not regret it.
2. Makes You Brainy – Snacking on sweetened dried cranberries makes you stay brilliant. It is because its antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds protect your brain from age-related issues such as memory loss and coordinates loss.
3. Aids Your Diet – Poke holes in 1/4 cups of cranberries and leave them for two weeks in 10 ounces of heated white wine vinegar. Use this as a dressing on your salad and aid your diet.
4. Prevents UTI – UTI is a most common problem in women these days. Cranberry juice contains anti-clinging properties; hence they prevent bacteria from hooking itself to the cells of the bladder. The compound in cranberry juice prevents bacteria from multiplying itself and flushes it out through urine before it could do any harm.
5. Soothe Your Skin – Try this scrub for soothing your skin. Blend together 1/4 cup of honey, 2 tablespoons of dried cranberries and unscented oil 1/4 cup. Apply the paste on your skin. Keep it for 10 minutes and wash off. You will feel a difference in your skin.
6. Anti-Tumour Effects – Regular consumption of cranberry juice prevents the development and spread of cancerous tumours in body parts like lungs, breasts, colon, prostrates, etc.
7. Respiratory Infections – Studies show that Cranberry juice prevents the common cause of respiratory infections especially in children.
8. Prevents Cancer – Cranberry juice prevents the occurrence and development of cancerous cells with its anti-carcinogenic components.
9. Strengthens Bones and Teeth – Calcium in Cranberry juice strengthens bones and teeth. Some juice companies add extra calcium to the cranberry juice hence improving the health benefits.
10. Prevents Scurvy – High level of vitamin C in cranberry prevents the occurrence of scurvy, which occurs due to the lack of vitamin C in body. Vitamin C also helps in making collagen, which is an essential element in proper functioning of tissues.
11. Obesity – Cranberries are loaded with organic acids, which emulsify fats in the body. Hence, if you want to lose some extra kilos, this is a good option.
12. Makes You Look Young – Phytonutrients and antioxidants rich cranberries protect against the problems of free radicals making your skin stay young for years to come.
These are just a few benefits of cranberries. These berries are loaded with a lot more advantages. Hence, these are a must have an option for fresh fruit basket gifts that you are planning to gift anyone.