Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products. may be used in posts without being labeled as such, however every attempt will be made to maintain transparency. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Revealing the Most Efficient Drug to Fight Arthritis
A lot of people suffer from arthritis because of several reasons such as improper diet and excessive pressure exerted on the joints. All these years, people have always been on thousands of experiments to come up with an effective drug that can promise to take the pain that comes with joint pains.
Humira is a drug that blocks TNF. Though it is advisable in fighting arthritis, an ailing person should not be prescribed of the drug because it lowers the immune system of the person and many infectious diseases might be acquired.
The Wonder that is Humira
Here is an outline of the diseases cured by Humira.
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Severe or moderate chronic plaque psoriasis.
- Severe to moderate ulcerative colitis (induce or sustain remission).
- Ankylosing spondylitis in adults.
- Psoriatic arthritis.
- Moderate or severe polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA).
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Crohn’s disease.
Proper Dosage is the Right Key to Recovery
- Rheumatoid Arthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis and Psoriatic Arthritis administration of drug is subcutaneously. Around 40mg of the drug should be given every other week. Other patients may be required to take more medicine every other week in 40mg additional.
- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis requires 20mg of Humira every other week for person weighing 15-30 kilograms. Double the dose for people who weigh more than 30 kilos.
- Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s Disease is also taken through injection. For the first medication, a dose of 160 mg divided into four will be taken in just one day or can two. Continue use if there are signs of recovery after two months. weeks (Day 57) of therapy.
- Plaque psoriasis is treated initially by taking 80 mg on the first trial and 40 mg every two weeks since the initial intake.
Things to be Wary of Humira
Humira is an effective drug but it has some side effects too. Humira may make your body susceptible to infections while performing the role of arthritis remedy. Self-medication is the last thing you should do so if you want to minimize the side effects, consult the expertise of a physician. Tuberculosis, hepatitis B, nervous system related infections, allergic reactions, immune reactions, liver failure, psoriasis, blood diseases and heart failure are the things you should look after.
Our human body has a way of responding when foreign elements reach our systems or when unusual reactions take place.
If you encounter any of these, call your doctor immediately and report the signs of infection such as:
- bloody phlegm.
- severe weight loss.
- body and muscle pain.
- stomach upset and diarrhea.
- burning sensation when urinating.
- shortness of breath.
- feeling of easily getting tired.
- frequent urination.
- emergence of painful sores on the body.
- fever and chills.
Humira The Bottom Line
Indeed, Humira is a good way to recover from serious pains such as those that are inflicted by arthritis. While proven to be an effective remedy, one should be cautious in taking the drug since it may trigger the onset of diseases that resides in our bodies especially at the event that the immune system is weak.
Our Top Joint Pain Relief Choices